Arrange a free home visit! Call Us on 0141 420 1029
Glass Cutting Service in Glasgow
If you work in construction, there are various scenarios in which you might need to have glass cut to size in Glasgow. When that is the case, it is usually a good idea to employ a reliable glass cutting service to do the job before you because, as you probably know, working with glass can be tricky.
When might you need a glass cutting service in Glasgow? The following are just some of the scenarios when it may be necessary:
- When fitting bespoke windows to a home, business or organisation as part of the construction process
- When creating Shelves, tabletops, shower panels
- Creating Horticultural greenhouse glass
- For kitchen splashbacks
- Construction of bridges
- Construction of canopies
- Construction of skylights
- For fire safety
These are just a few examples, but they highlight just how often glass is used, and for various different purposes, in the construction industry. Basically, if you want to create anything custom that involves glass, whether out of necessity or for aesthetic reasons, you will probably need a glass cutting service in Glasgow to help you get the right shape, size, and more importantly the right type of glass for the job, but how exactly for glass cutting services work?
You’ll start by getting a free quote. The details of the job and what it entails will be taken from you before our experienced glass cutters work out how best to cut and fit your glass. The glass will then be installed either by us or your team, depending on your requirements. Here at Selecta Glasgow we are specialists in glass supply, and we operate one of the best glass cutting services in Glasgow, so whether you need shaped glass for a bespoke project or toughened glass cut to size in Glasgow, we are here to help.
Types of Glass
There are a lot more types of glass than you might be aware of, and knowing about them can help you to complete your jobs even more efficiently to the highest possible standards. Below, you will find a list of some of the most common types of glass that can be cut, along with the various uses of each:
- Mirrored glass – Mirrored glass can be cut to create aesthetically pleasing features in any home. It can also be used for creating unique and high-end furniture.
- Sheet glass – Sheet glass is typically used for greenhouses and glazing it is almost completely flat, which means you can technically cut it yourself, but if you want real precision, get your glass cut to size in Glasgow by a professional.
- Float glass – Also known as soda-lime glass, this glass is great for use in windows and in the creation of glass structures due to its distortion-free appearance.
- Laminated glass – Laminated glass has a slightly green hue and is ideal for use when creating bridges and aquariums because of the fact that its many layers help it to be extremely soundproof. Not only that, but it can reduce UV rays, which means a lot of construction companies choose it when creating glass canopies too.
- Shatterproof glass – Because plastic polyvinyl butyral resin is added into the mix when it is produced, shatterproof glass, as you might have deduced from the name, is extremely resistant to shattering. That’s why it’s ideal for use in floors, windows and even skylights.
- Self-cleaning glass – Great for windows, as you might expect from the name, this kind of glass does not stain easily, which means you can keep things low-maintenance, Ideal for use in retail buildings, but great for domestic homes too.
- Energy-efficient glass – Now that energy-efficient homes are becoming a bit of a thing, construction companies that use this coated glass, which lowers the transfer of thermal energy back out of the house – basically it lets heat in but not out – are all going to want to use energy-efficient glass to entice the customers.
- Patterned glass – Patterned glass adds a unique design element to all kinds of buildings and it takes a real expert to cut it right.
Selecta Glasgow offer a wide range of different services throughout Glasgow.
We have completed many different projects for clients and are extremely proud of our standard of work.
For examples of our complete projects, take a look here;
Glass cutting for windows in Glasgow
Selecta Glasgow are specialists in cutting glass for:
- double glazing
- uPVC windows
- sash windows
- glass for doors
- And more
Our prices are amongst the most competitive in Glasgow, so why not get in touch with us for a free quiet today?
You can call our experienced team of glass cutters on 0141 420 1029 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to helping you with all your glass cutting needs.
What our customers say
I had 4 windows replaced by Harry and his team at Selecta. Harry was a pleasure to deal with, very friendly, knowledgeable and flexible with doing the initial survey and provided a very quick quote for the work. Just over a week from placing the order, the windows were installed to a very high standard. Harry's team even repaired one of my existing windows, which had issues with draughts for a long time. This saved me having to get it replaced, which saved me money. Very happy with the service I have received and would happily recommend Selecta to anyone looking for new windows.
Had my new windows and door fitted today, outstanding service from getting our quote from Harry who certainly knows his stuff, kept me Informed on my windows being made to date of fitting, he is extremely helpful and friendly. Fitters came today and were so quick and efficient, also a good laugh, I could not recommend this company enough, thanks so much guys. Nicola x
I've got 7 windows from Harry and Service is amazing and the price is really good and the fitters are really nice guys thanks very much it's was pleasure to deal with Selecta Glasgow I would recommend if anyone looking for new windows or doors please contact Selecta Glasgow
Adrian Georgescu (Adi)
The guys from Selecta replaced our windows in our flat and they did a perfect job. Fist we have been visited by Harry, who did all the measurements and gave us all the advices we needed regarding the new windows. He was very professional and friendly, and the same evening sent us the quote. Payed the invoice and then he contacted us when the order was ready. Next day, two men came and installed the windows, they were friendly, funny and efficient. At the end they cleaned the rooms and everything was just perfect.
Couldn't be happier with the job done by Harry and his team with my new windows. I was kept informed from start to finish by Harry who was happy to answer any question i had and the whole process took just 3 weeks! What more could you ask for?!
John and Gordon were brilliant, incredibly efficient and the tidiest workers i have ever seen! You wouldn't have even known they were here! Have to mention the job they done rebuilding the timber sills in one of my rooms where the old ones had been rotting away... Absolutely fantastic! Brings a whole new lease of life to a very dull room!
Just had our windows fitted yesterday and couldn't be happier with the whole process. Harry came twice to the flat to take measurements and go over some details. He explained us everything. Two weeks later and the windows were being fitted. Scott and Grant were brilliant, so fast, clean and nice. They've done such an amazing job. I'd 100% recommend this company to anyone.
Why choose Selecta Glasgow
We pride ourselves on providing quality products & services at prices that won't break the bank. We have a range of finance options available so why not call us to discuss your project.