Arrange a free home visit! Call Us on 0141 420 1029
Sliding Patio Doors Glasgow
Sliding patio doors are typically comprised of two large glass panes which you can open by sliding one of the two panels behind the other. This not only means that you get an excellent view of the garden, but also that you can let a lot more natural light into your property. Basically, sliding patio doors provide easy access to your outdoor area and give your home a lighter, airier feel, which is why they are very popular.
Sliding patio doors are a particularly good choice for smaller houses and gardens because, unlike many other patio doors, they don’t open in or outwards, which means you can position furniture right up close to them and it will not hinder your ability to open them or enjoy your space.
Sliding door frames can be made from a range of materials including timber, UPVC and steel, but if you aren’t sure what you need, we can advise you on the best patio door materials for you in your particular situation.
Patio doors Supplied and fitted in Glasgow
Selecta Glasgow are specialists in the supply, installation and repair of patio doors, including sliding patio doors. Whether you’re looking to have new patio doors installed for the very first time or you have sliding doors with a mechanism that needs mending, we are here for you, and with free quotes, and some of the most efficient staff in the industry, it is us you should call for all of your sliding patio door needs.
How much do sliding patio doors cost?
The cost of sliding patio doors varies depending on a number of factors including:
- Materials used
- Type of sliding door
- Size of project
- Labour requirements
- Level of glazing (single, double, triple)
- Bespoke features
- Project deadline
However, Selecta Glasgow’s team of experts can provide free, reasonable and accurate quotes for any project, so do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you’re interested in a sliding door installation in Glasgow.
Patio Door Repairs Glasgow
Sometimes, your patio doors may require repairs, and in those instances, it is useful to be able to spot the signs of disrepair so you can rectify the problem fast and stop it from becoming a bigger issue.
Signs your patio doors may need to be repaired include:
- Difficulty in opening and closing them (The rollers could be worn and you will need to replace them before they seize up completely)
- Drafts getting in through them (They may be old, inefficient or in need or new installation and the sooner you do this the better because your home will not be nearly as energy-efficient with patio doors that are letting in air from outside)
- They are becoming foggy (The seals in the panes may be broken and this means your glazing will not be doing its job efficiently any longer, and you should seek the help of an expert repair company asap)
If you notice any of these situations arising with your patio doors, there is a good chance that they will need to be repaired. If that is the case, you will want to work with trusted experts. Here at Selecta Glasgow, we can provide free quotes and expert repairs fast. Get in touch with us if you need help with your patio doors today.
Patio door repair costs
As with most projects around the house, the cost of installing repairing and replacing sliding doors will vary, but we can promise you that Selecta Glasgow provides free and accurate estimates that you can trust.
Selecta Glasgow offer a wide range of different services throughout Glasgow.
We have completed many different projects for clients and are extremely proud of our standard of work.
For examples of our complete projects, take a look here;
Pros and Cons of sliding patio doors
If you’re thinking of buying sliding patio doors in Glasgow, you probably want to know a bit about the benefits and any potential downsides of doing so, which is why we’ve put together a list of features, and various pros and cons below:
Pros of sliding patio doors
- Durability – Our patio doors use the most durable materials, which means they will last longer and look good.
- Customisable options – Our sliding patio doors can be made bespoke to your exact requirements to ensure they truly fit with the existing style of your home.
- Saves space. Because they do not open out, sliding patio door stake up less space than many other options, which means you can maximise the potential of your home and patio.
- Energy Efficiency – Usually double or triple-glazed, sliding patio doors are great at keeping the heat in, which means you can turn the thermostat down a bit, and maybe save a little (or even a lot) on your energy bills in the future.
- Security – Many people worry that sliding patio doors will not be secure enough. This is a myth because, although they are primarily made of glass, sliding patio doors feature seriously strong and secure frames and multi-locking systems that are extremely difficult to breach, and most come with very strong glass that would take a lot of effort to shatter. As long as you lock them when not in use, security should not be a big issue.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Sliding patio doors let light in and let the view of the gardens pace doo thew talking, which means they look good – it really is that simple.
- Low Maintenance – Good quality sliding doors are extremely weather-resistant, which means they require very little upkeep. Keep them clean and take care of the sliding mechanism and patio door repairs in Glasgow should not be something you have to worry about very often.
Cons of sliding patio doors
- Ventilation – It can be more difficult o adequately ventilate sliding doors because one pane folds behind the others, but as long as you fully close them after use, and remove any condensation when you do so, this is unlikely to affect you.
What our customers say
Excellent service! windows and doors were superb.
Local Sliding Patio Door Specialists
Selecta Glasgow are the company you can rely on whether you are looking for patio doors for sale in Glasgow, need patio doors supplied and fitted Glasgow or you’re looking to have your sliding patio doors repaired. We offer a full range of patio door services and we always offer free estimates, so you have absolutely nothing to lose by getting in touch with our patio door installation, replacement and repair experts when you need help with your patio doors.
You can call Selecta Glasgow for a free quote with no obligation on 0141 420 1029 today. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selecta Glasgows' door services near you!
Why choose Selecta Glasgow
We pride ourselves on providing quality products & services at prices that won't break the bank. We have a range of finance options available so why not call us to discuss your project.
No job too small
10 year guarantee
For all your double glazing, external doors & roofline.