Arrange a free home visit! Call Us on 0141 420 1029
Sash and Case Windows Glasgow
Sash windows are windows with at least one movable panel, which is known as a sash., Traditionally, sash windows would be paned, but these days, you can also get sash windows that contain just one sheet of glass, so whatever your preference, there is probably a sash window in Glasgow that meets your needs.
At Selecta Glasgow, we offer a wide range of sash windows to suit every taste and budget. We can also install and repair them, so get in touch for a free quote today.
What are the main benefits of sash windows?
The most notable benefits of sash windows are as follows:
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Sash windows give a traditional, aesthetically pleasing look and feel to the home.
- Energy Efficient – Our sash windows are built to keep heat in, which means you could save money on your bills.
- Secure – Sash windows are not easy to break into, especially if they are paned.
- Reduce Noise – Double sashed windows are great for keeping outside noise out.
- Easy To Use – Sash windows are simple to operate, sliding up and down to open and close.
Are there any cons when it comes to sash windows in Glasgow?
Some people find that because sash window panes slide behind each other, condensation can form between them, but this is not such an issue in places like Glasgow which tend to be less humid.
Sash Window Repairs in Glasgow
Sometimes, your sash windows in Glasgow may need to be repaired by an expert. Common situations that require expert attention include:
- Soft or rotten timber
- A sticking slide mechanism
- Widows that gave been painted over
- Fogging pains
- Dropping sashes (sashes that won’t stay up)
If you spot any of these key signs your sash windows are in need of attention, get in touch with Selecta Glasgow – the only repair and replacement service for sash windows in Glasgow that you will ever need.
Selecta Glasgow offer a wide range of different services throughout Glasgow.
We have completed many different projects for clients and are extremely proud of our standard of work.
For examples of our complete projects, take a look here;
Types of Sash Windows
If you are looking to buy sash windows in Glasgow, you will be pleased to know that there are several different options available, but the most common are;
uPVC Sash Windows Glasgow
As you might have guessed, uPVC sash windows are windows whose frames are made from uPVC, or Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride to give it its full name. This is a very durable building material that resists all manner of weather conditions well, which is pretty useful when you live in Glasgow, and which required very little maintenance.
Our sliding sash uPVC windows are great for those of you who want to give your home an attractive traditional look without all of the maintenance that comes with traditional timber sash windows. Not only have they been designed to look like the sash windows of times gone by, but their uPVC frames are highly durable, extremely efficient and easy to clean – what more could you want?
What are the pros and cons of uPVC sash windows?
- Easy clean
- Not traditional
- Could be difficult to replace just a single window (where others are timber)
Timber/Wooden Sash Windows
Timber sash windows are windows that feature a sliding mechanism and a traditional wooden frame. This style of window dates back to at less the 17th century but you see far fewer of them today for various reasons.
Older properties will still feature wood sash windows, but new builds or newly renovated properties will typically be fitted with uPVC sash windows as a replacement.
On the other hand, people who are looking for a more traditional look and feel might opt to keep timber sash windows or have bespoke crafted ones installed.
What are the benefits of timber/wooden sash windows
- Traditional – The main benefit of wooden sash windows is their traditional appearance. In the past, we didn’t have materials like uPVC, so wood would be used as a default. That means, if you have a period property, timber windows would be more in keeping with the building (however these days you can get uPVC sash windows that look like traditional wooden ones).
- Attractive – Wooden window frames are, for many people, the most attractive option.
Are there any downsides to timber sash windows?
- Expensive. Timber frames cost far more than uPVC versions.
- Less durable. Wood is more likely to succumb to the elements and will rot and decay long before uPVC windows start to fail.
- High maintenance. Because they are less able to survive the elements, timber sash windows require far more maintenance than uPVC versions.
Double Glazed Sash Windows Glasgow
At Selecta Glasgow, we know how important energy efficiency is for the planet, and your bank balance, which is why all types of sash windows we instal can be double glazed for energy efficiency and to keep the sounds that are created by the hustle and bustle of Glasgow life out.
If you are looking for double glazed sash windows in Glasgow, get in touch with Selecta Glasgow today. We offer FREE quotes for installation, replacement and repairs!